Welcome COSMOS Alumni!
COSMOS Alumni and Families: Be a Champion for COSMOS!
COSMOS is funded by the State of California, by program tuition, and by private support from foundations, corporations and individuals. These funds are used to provide a high quality, affordable program for all who participate. With reductions in state funding, private support is increasingly important to the success of COSMOS.
You can help further the COSMOS mission by:
- Direct support
- If your employer or company provide corporate philanthropy. We would very much appreciate hearing from you if you have any leads or suggestions.
Any size donation makes a difference and is tax deductible. Please click the "Donate Now" button on the COSMOS Statewide website to learn more.
We believe that students and their families are our best ambassadors and advocates. Thank you for helping promote and support COSMOS!
2017 UCSD Gordon Engineering Leadership Center Award COSMOS Winners
The UCSD Gordon Center guarantees awardees with access to known engineering leaders in academia and private and public sectors for mentoring and training. Each of our instructional teams reviewed all of the final team projects and presented cash awards to the following students with the Gordon Research Center Leadership Award:
- Cluster 1: Justin Jianto, Ivan Mao
- Cluster 2: Naasir Farooqi, Richard Wang, Nikhil Gupta, Sarvesh Mayilvahanan
- Cluster 3: Sunwoo Kim, Yuwen Yang, Jonathan Yu
- Cluster 4:Isabella DeMarco, Chukun Gao, Simmone Stearn
- Cluster 5: Casey Baldwin, Caleb Terrill, Roselyn Lee, Katherine Wong
- Cluster 6: Jason Perez Da Silva, Andy Suk, Daniel Jin, Anusikha Halder
- Cluster 7: Jeannette Alaves, Danna Lin, Sakhi Patel
- Cluster 8: Julianne Bartz, Katie Gould, Sophie Parsa
- Cluster 9: Tejal Athreya, Emily Kuo, Mariamma Vazhaeparambil
- Cluster 10: Lauren Kong, Urvi Shah, Varij Jhaveri, Edward Yang
2017 UCSD COSMOS Ethics Essay Contest Winners
UCSD COSMOS recently awarded cash prizes to high school participants who competed in the Center for Ethics in Science and Technology Essay Competition. 205 COSMOS students submitted essays that covered the ethical considerations with regards to their final science or engineering research projects. The top essays were determined by a panel of judges from the Center for Ethics. Awards were given to the following finalists:
- First Place: Benjamin Au (Cluster 3) "Analyzing the Sustainability of Continued Overfishing Practices"
- Second Place: Catherine Hwu (Cluster 2) "Power of Integrity in Product Releases" and Disha Zambani (Cluster 10) "Surgical Assistant Robots: A Closer Look at the DaVinci Surgical System"
- Third Place: Lucy Song (Cluster 5) "Scanning Privacy" and Mariamma Vazhaeparambil (Cluster 9) "Music Piracy and the Economic Ramifications"
2017 UCSD Dr. Joseph Watson Award COSMOS Winners
In honor of Dr. Joseph Watson’s dedication to the program, UCSD COSMOS awarded cash prizes to one student per cluster in recognition of their outstanding performance as a team player. Students were selected by their Faculty and Teacher Fellow for having displayed true leadership skills during duration of the COSMOS program.
- Cluster 1: Lauren Ivory
- Cluster 2: Catherine Hwu
- Cluster 3: Shannon Zheng
- Cluster 4: Janelle Hizon
- Cluster 5: Lucy Song
- Cluster 6: Jenna Chu
- Cluster 7: William Sun
- Cluster 8: Sandhya Bellary
- Cluster 9: Ryan Wixen
- Cluster 10: Jared Levy