Hacking for Defense ™ at UC San Diego uses the Lean Launchpad Methodology and applies it to working on real problems identified by the Department of Defense (DOD) and Intelligence Communities (IC). Teams of four students will select from a set of defined problems and will work toward possible solutions over the course of the quarter.
At the end of the quarter, students should be able to:
- Identify and pose possible solutions to real world problems.
- Understand the segments of a Mission Model Canvas.
- Provide a minimum viable product for the problem they are working to solve.
- H4D ™ Information Sessions
- Friday, October 28, 12:00 - 1:00 p.m
Located in basement of Powell-Focht Bioengineering building
- Monday, October 31, 5:00 - 6:00 p.m
Located in the Fung Auditorium, Powell-Focht Bioengineering Hall
- H4D Problem Pitch Events
- Monday, November 7, 11:3am0-1pm
Qualcomm Conference Center, Jacobs Hall
- Wednesday, November 9, 11:30am-1pm
Booker Conference Suite, Jacobs Hall
- Course Dates
- Pilot Course - Fall 2016
Dates: Oct 5-Nov 9, 2016
- Full Course - Spring 2017 (Postponed from Winter 2017)
Dates: April 4 - June 9, 2017
- Application Deadline
- Full Course - Winter 2017
Dates: November 15, 2016
- Course Title: ENG 208 H4D Lean Launchpad
- Instructors: Ellen Chang, Travis DeMeester, Michael Krupp
- TAs: TBA
- Class Details: Spring 2017, April 4 - June 9th
- Wednesdays from 5-8pm in Qualcomm Conference Center (unless otherwise noted)
- Application: Admission is by teams of 4 UC San Diego students from any school or department. Limited enrollment by application. Up to 8 teams will be selected to participate.