Freshman Prep is a 5-day program held at the end of summer for incoming freshman engineering students. Receive support in making the transition from high school to the rigors of a university-level engineering studies, and build awareness of relevant campus programs and resources. Students take part in organized activities with current engineering students, and begin forming a peer network before beginning your courses in the fall.
Freshman Prep will be offered as a virtual program. This free program provides incoming engineering students an opportunity to interact and build community with peers and current engineering students who will serve as your mentors throughout the duration of the program. You will participate in academic and social activities that include connecting with faculty, staff and current students through workshops, small group discussions, and information sessions.
- Foster a sense of community and support among participating students
- Begin forming a peer network and gain mentorship from current engineering students
- Prepare incoming students academically for the rigor of engineering studies
- Provide incoming students tools to aid in the transition from high school to UC San Diego's Jacobs School of Engineering
- Build awareness of relevant campus programs and resources
Program Dates: Tuesday, September 8 – Saturday, September 12, 2020
Freshman Prep Application Opens: Friday, May 1, 2020
Freshman Prep Application Deadline: Sunday, May 31, 2020Apply Now!
- Incoming freshman students admitted to an engineering major at UC San Diego.
- We highly encourage students underrepresented in the field of engineering to apply (first generation, low-income, women, and students from historically underrepresented groups)
FREE. The IDEA Engineering Student Center will be providing Freshman Prep at no cost to the student.