Who is eligible:
(ALL engineering majors except CSE. CSE majors can apply to SPIS: https://sites.google.com/a/eng.ucsd.edu/spis/)
Dates of the Program:
Date of Summer 2017 Program:
Sunday, August 6 - Saturday, September 9, 2017
(Summer Engineering Institute takes place during UC San Diego's Summer Session II)
Question: What can you do NOW if you are interested in attending the Summer Engineering Institute and admitted to the Jacobs School of Engineering?
Answer: APPLY for Financial AID to attend the 2017 Summer Engineering Institute!
- Submit the 2016-2017 FAFSA form for Summer 2017.
- You do not have to apply for admission to a college before you list the college on your FAFSA form.
Questions regarding FAFSA, federal funding timelines, and the changes that were made this year to FAFSA, please visit: https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/about/announcements/fafsa-changes
- Provide newly admitted freshmen engineering students supplemental academic preparation and support in introductory engineering courses
- Build a diverse engineering student community by providing an academic and social environment for enhanced student performance (peer-learning, academic/professional workshops, and faculty mentorship).
- Introduce engineering students to the norms and culture of scientific inquiry.
- Integrate students academically and socially to UC San Diego and JSOE learning environments.
- Support UC San Diego efforts in reducing time to degree.