Who is eligible:
(ALL engineering majors except CSE. CSE majors can apply to SPIS: https://sites.google.com/a/eng.ucsd.edu/spis/)
Dates of the Program:
May 1, 2017: Application is available
Friday, June 2, 2017: Deadline to apply
Question: What can you do NOW if you are interested in attending the Summer Engineering Institute and are admitted to the Jacobs School of Engineering?
*Please note that the Summer 2017 FAFSA/Dream Application is different from the one you may have submitted for the academic year, which is for Fall 2017 (September) through Spring 2018 (June), and Summer 2018. We highly recommend you apply for UC San Diego Financial Aid to attend the Summer 2017 Summer Engineering Institute due to limited summer funding. Please note that even though you may not have decided as of yet what institution you will attend, you can still apply for summer financial Aid.
Deadline to apply for Summer 2017 Financial Aid: June 30, 2017
- Submit the 2016-2017 FAFSA or CA Dream Act Application for Summer 2017.
- When you submit the 2016-2017 FAFSA form, you can utilize and automatically transfer income tax information from 2015, which is really easy and fast to do!
For additional financial aid information, please visit fao.ucsd.edu
- Provide newly admitted freshmen engineering students supplemental academic preparation and support in introductory engineering courses
- Build a diverse engineering student community by providing an academic and social environment for enhanced student performance (peer-learning, academic/professional workshops, and faculty mentorship).
- Introduce engineering students to the norms and culture of scientific inquiry.
- Integrate students academically and socially to UC San Diego and JSOE learning environments.
- Support UC San Diego efforts in reducing time to degree.