Who is eligible:
Dates of the Program:
Application is now closed for 2016.
6/27: Notifications are sent
7/1: Deadline to submit acceptance form
- Incoming admitted transfer engineering students who attended a community college and/or prior institution of higher education.
- Priority is given to students who attended community colleges in a low-income, community district.
Note: We highly encourage students underrepresented in the field of engineering to apply (first generation, low-income, women, historically underrepresented students, veteran/military-affiliated students, students with disabilities, and older students/students with dependents - although not a requirement.
- Foster a sense of community and support among participating students
- Prepare incoming students academically for the rigor of engineering studies
- Provide incoming students tools to aid in the transition from community college to UC San Diego's Jacobs School of Engineering
- Build awareness of relevant campus programs and resources
- Connect transfer engineering students to industry and professional networks