The IDEA Student Center's Transfer Engineering Academic Mentorship Program (T.E.A.M.) pairs admitted, incoming transfer engineering students in the Jacobs School of Engineering with an upper class transfer student. This free program is open to newly admitted engineering students who transferred from either a 2 and/or 4 year College/University.
The IDEA T.E.A.M program is designed to assist new transfer students in making a successful adjustment to UC San Diego as an engineering student. Mentees will be paired with a Transfer Mentor who will provide you with resources, experience, and the opportunity to connect with other transfer students. Group mentoring and one-on one mentoring are both available. The program is flexible and designed to help you make the most of your UC San Diego and Jacob’s School experience. T.E.A.M will provide you opportunities to build strong connections with the engineering community!
- Provide individual guidance and support to each T.E.A.M. student participant over the course of his or her transition process (1st academic year).
- Present opportunities to socialize and interact with other UC San Diego engineering students and nurture academic and co-curricular interests through informational sessions and workshops.
- Build academic/professional relationships with faculty/staff within the students’ engineering major, as well as across the various disciplines.
- Strengthen transfer engineering college student success by providing accurate information, resources, and professional opportunities for students to network and engage with engineering professionals.
- Provide workshops that will strengthen the skills necessary to be successful at a University and within the field of engineering.
- Attend mandatory Fall orientation.
- Participate in all program activities.
- Meet with Mentor/Mentee Bi-weekly.
- Maintain good academic standing (minimum 3.0 GPA) and make timely progress towards engineering degree.
- Update educational plan each quarter (approval from ENG advisor/faculty mentor).
- Be supportive of one another and build a community of excellence.
T.E.A.M. is an academic yearlong program that starts in Fall of each quarter.
Application Period: August 26 - September 14, 2016 by 5:00 p.m.
Please click on the following links for eligibility requirements.
We strongly encourage students from backgrounds that are underserved and/or non-traditional in higher education (re-entry students, student parents, veteran students, low income, first generation college students, disabled students, etc.) to apply for T.E.A.M. (NOT required)