The Triton Fund is actively seeking great innovations. Providing more than just money, the Fund brings connections, knowledge, and mentoring to bold early-stage entrepreneurs with game-changing ideas.
The Triton Fund will invest in UC San Diego affiliated innovations in the software, communications, electronics, materials, medical devices and instruments sectors. The Fund is externally managed by seasoned venture capitalist, UC San Diego alumnus, and managing director at Sierra Ventures: David Schwab. The Institute for the Global Entrepreneur at UC San Diego will provide business and commercialization mentoring to support innovators interested in working with the Triton Technology Fund.*
- Who is eligible?*
- UC San Diego faculty, staff, students, postdocs and researchers
- UC San Diego alumni
- Individuals who have licensed technology from UC San Diego
*Note: intellectual property can be UC San Diego owned or by other entities
- What can the fund do for you?
- Flexible venture capital investment for early-stage innovation
- Critical business connections
- Hands-on practical mentoring
- Help build out management team
- Help raise additional venture capital funding
Rady Venture Fund
The Rady Venture Fund provides both investment capital to entrepreneurs but also education opportunities and hands-on learning experience for Rady MBAs and other UC San Diego graduate students. The fund is associated with the Venture Capital Management courses MGT496A and MGT496B. The Fund makes 1 -2 investments per year of up to $150K in equity or convertible debt. The investment focus is technology-based seed to early stage companies in life sciences and high tech industries preferably located in the San Diego region.