How to Apply
The application process is entirely online through Grad Apply. You will need a valid email address to create an account. This email address will be your login name. It will also be the primary line of communication between you and UC San Diego. Be sure to use an email address that will not change: do not use a temporary address. The activation email and additional instructions to complete your registration will be sent to this address once you create your account.
To begin the Application process, just create an account and then select the appropriate Term, Degree, and Program to find our application on Grad Apply.
Term: Fall 2018
Degree: Master of Advanced Studies (MAS)
Program: Architecture-based Enterprise Systems Engineering (CS82)
Applications Open : January 3, 2018
Priority Application due: April 30, 2018
Application due: June 25, 2018
Application due date extension: August 18, 2018
Please allow 4-6 weeks after the final application due date for the administration’s decision.
- Undergraduate degree in Engineering, Math, Physics, or other Science field preferred
- A minimum scholastic average of B or 3.0 GPA (or its equivalent, if the letter grade system is not used) is required for course work completed in the final two years of undergraduate study and any post baccalaureate study.
- Five years of professional work experience post bachelor's degree required.
- Resume or curriculum vitae illustrating experience and achievements
- Compelling statement of purpose including a description of individual strengths and interests, how the program will benefit the applicant professionally, and a statement of interest in the broad issues associated with enterprise-wide development of knowledge and decision support systems.
- Description of a proposed enterprise systems engineering capstone project (Students who do not have a project idea at the time of admission will be assigned a project by the AESE Co-Directors upon start of the program).
- Minimum of 3 letters of recommendations required.
- TOEFL scores (English as a second language applicants only)
- GRE: General Test is recommended. The GRE is only recommended for those with less than two years of work experience. If you have more than two years of work experience, you do not need to report GRE scores as they will not affect your application. We will not provide any information regarding average GRE scores of admitted students.
- Application Fee: The application fee is $105 for US Citizens & Permanent Residents and $125 for International Applicants. The non-refundable fee is payable by credit card through the online application. You may also pay by check, following the instructions in the online application. If you choose to pay by check, please note that your application will not be processed until your check has been received.
- Completion of online application for graduate admission
Your Statement of Purpose, Resume/Curriculum Vitae, TOEFL scores (if applicable), and unofficial transcripts will be submitted online via Grad Apply.
If you have any issues submitting your Letters of Recommendation via Grad Apply, please email Stacey Williams at email@example.com
Official copies of academic records (i.e. official transcripts) from all post-secondary institutions attended are required. Transcripts should be sent directly by the institution to our department address below. In addition,
scanned unofficial copies of all academic records need to be uploaded to your online application at Grad Apply.
Please mail all official copies of academic records and official transcripts to:
Jacobs School of Engineering MAS
UC San Diego
9500 Gilman Drive, Mail Code 0439
La Jolla, CA, 92093-0439
Attention: Stacey Williams - Jacobs Hall Room 1203