Industry Job Postings
Staff Research Associate
Filing Deadline: Fri 5/26/2017
UCSD Layoff from Career Appointment: Apply by 5/16/17 for consideration with preference for rehire. All layoff applicants should contact their Employment Advisor. Eligible Disability Counseling and Consulting services (DCC) or Special Selection clients should contact their Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor for assistance.
Under supervision of the Laboratory Manager, the SRA 2 independently performs new technology development in support of the research program, including establishing documentation of feasibility of new technologies, managing the testing of new technologies, designing and managing innovative protocols for high throughput pipeline, leading smaller scale research projects, independently performing complex Next Gen Sequencing experiments as needed, prepares DNA, performs electrophoresis and analyzes results of experiments independently. Manages new equipment and technologies including Next Gen sequencing equipment.
- Theoretical knowledge of advanced human genetics and molecular biology.
- Experience with biology techniques such as PCR, gel electrophoresis, sequence analysis, RT-PCR, DNA/RNA isolation.
- Demonstrated ability to work with liquid handling automation and protocol generation.
- Ability to use nano-drop liquid dispensing technology.
- Proven experience with Illumina Next Generation sequencing. Ability to devise new applications with these sequencing techniques.
- Demonstrated experience designing high throughput sample pipelines. Ability to implement protocols and pipelines into lab workflow.
- Experience writing/editing protocols and manuscripts.
- Must be available to work 9am – 7am, Monday-Friday and on occasional weekends.
- Willing to work in a laboratory that collects, processes, stores, and assays biohazardous body fluids.
UC San Diego Health is the only academic health system in the San Diego region, providing leading-edge care in patient care, biomedical research, education, and community service. Our facilities include two university hospitals, a National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center, Shiley Eye Institute, Sulpizio Cardiovascular Center, and several outpatient clinics. UC San Diego Medical Center in Hillcrest is a designated Level I Trauma Center and has the only Burn Center in the county. U.S. News and World Report’s annual "America’s Best Hospitals" report has repeatedly ranked UC San Diego Health as the #1 health system in San Diego. We invite you to join our dynamic team!
Applications/Resumes are accepted for current job openings only. For full consideration on any job, applications must be received prior to the initial closing date. If a job has an extended deadline, applications/resumes will be considered during the extension period; however, a job may be filled before the extended date is reached.
UC San Diego Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://www-hr.ucsd.edu/saa/nondiscr.html