The SE Research Showcase Day will take place in the Structural & Materials Engineering (SME) Building at the University of California-San Diego. Please proceed to the second floor foyer for Registration. Presentations will begin in the Cymer Conference Room, room 248, adjacent to the foyer.
Research Showcase Location
University of California, San Diego
San Diego, CA 92161
Directions and Parking
Gilman Parking Structure
Hopkins Parking Structure
Directions via I-5
From I-5 to Gilman Parking Structure
- Take the La Jolla Village Drive exit and go west
- Make a right on Villa La Jolla Drive
- For visitor parking, go straight into the Gilman Parking Structure (at the corner of Gilman and Russell Lane) where visitor parking (visitor parking spaces are notated by a white VP) is available on the 1st and 2nd levels. A 1-day parking pass can be obtained at the pay stations located inside the parking structure, and must be displayed on the vehicle dashboard.
From Gilman Parking Structure to SME Building
- Walk north up Russell Lane, to the end
- Turn right (east) on Lyman Lane
- After the SRMD building (on your left) you will see the SME building on your left.
- Cymer Conference Room is located on the 2nd floor.
Directions via I-5
From I-5 to Hopkins Parking Structure
- Take the Genesee Avenue exit and go west
- Turn left onto North Torrey Pines Road
- Turn left onto Northpoint Driveway and continue onto Hopkins Drive
- The Hopkins Parking Structure is located on the right at the corner of Hopkins Drive & Voigt Drive
- For visitor parking, go straight into the Hopkins Parking Structure (at the corner of Hopkins and Voigt Lane) where visitor parking (visitor parking spaces are notated by a white VP) is available on any level. A 1-day parking pass can be obtained at the pay stations located inside the parking structure, and must be displayed on the vehicle dashboard.
From Hopkins Parking Structure to SME Building
- Head east on Voigt Ln towards Hopkins Drive
- Continue onto Voigt Drive, and turn right onto Engineer Lane
- Turn left onto Matthews Lane, through the School of Engineering (head east)
- Continue across Matthews Lane until you see the SME Building