von Liebig Center NSF I-CORPS Program
The von Liebig Entrepreneurism Center has recently earned the distinguished honor of becoming an NSF I-Corps site and was awarded a three-year, $300,000 grant from the National Science Foundation (NSF) to support site activities. As an NSF I-Corps site, the Center will incubate 30 projects a year. Faculty, graduate students, undergraduate students, staff, and alumni are encouraged to apply to be part of this exciting program.
By becoming NSF I-Corps site, the University's research and student communities can leverage the von Liebig Entrepreneurism Center's existing commercialization infrastructure and established partnerships with the private sector, non-profit organizations, industry and entrepreneurial community in the region. This award furthers the Center's mission of catalyzing the commercialization of university discoveries, training the next generation of entrepreneurial-minded science and technology innovators, and bridging the gap between academia and the private sector. It also allows the Center to significantly increase the number and quality of viable projects as well as the number of researchers that are exposed to the commercialization process. With targeted support from the Center and the NSF, the researchers have a higher probability of taking their projects to the market place.
- Mentoring from local experts
- Seed Funding ($1k - $3k)
- Opportunity to be referred for a $50,000 NSF I-Corps team award
- Free educational resources
- Access to the Center's network including resources, opportunities to engage with the San Diego entrepreneur community, events, funding opportunities, and Moxie Center facilities.
- Help commercializing your idea
- Prestigious NSF I-Corps curriculum based on the Lean Launchpad methodology
- Follow-on Funding Opportunities:
- Center's technology acceleration programs ($40k-$100k)
- SBIR programs ($150k)
- NCIIA programs ($5k- $50k)