Triton Technology Fund
Bringing UC San Diego Innovation to Life!
The Triton Technology Fund is actively seeking great innovations to fund. Providing more than just money, the Fund brings connections, knowledge, and mentoring to bold early-stage entrepreneurs with game-changing ideas.
The Triton Technology Fund will invest in UC San Diego affiliated innovations in the software, communications, electronics, materials, medical devices and instruments sectors. The Fund is externally managed by seasoned venture capitalist, UC San Diego alumnus, and managing director at Sierra Ventures: David Schwab. The von Liebig Entrepreneurism Center at UC San Diego will provide business and commercialization mentoring to support innovators interested in working with the Triton Technology Fund.*
*Triton Technology Fund support services are provided by the von Liebig Entrepreneurism Center through service agreements between the Triton Technology Fund and UC San Diego.
What kind of innovation does the fund support?
- Software, communications, electronics, materials, medical device, and instruments sectors
- Innovative business-to-business solutions
Who is eligible?*
- UC San Diego faculty, staff, students, postdocs and researchers
- UC San Diego alumni
- Individuals who have licensed technology from UC San Diego
*Note: intellectual property can be UC San Diego owned or by other entities
What can the fund do for you?
- Flexible venture capital investment for early-stage innovation
- Critical business connections
- Hands-on practical mentoring
- Help building out the management team
- Help raising additional venture capital funding
- Accelerate the translation of UC San Diego discoveries to the market for the benefit of society
- Enable faculty to be entrepreneurial while keeping the focus on teaching and research
- Help bridge "the valley of death" in the San Diego innovation ecosystem