The Cooperative Education (Co-op) Program is an immersive work experience in which students are employed full-time by a company for up to six months, which includes summer and one academic quarter, to supplement education with real-world experiences.
For the pilot program (Summer and Fall Quarter), participating departments and class levels include:
- Undergraduate: Computer Science & Engineering, Electrical & Computer Engineering, Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering, NanoEngineering, and Structural Engineering.
- Graduate: Electrical & Computer Engineering, Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering, NanoEngineering, Structural Engineering.
- Login to the Jacobs School Job & Internship Portal
- Update your resume
- Search for Co-op opportunities
- More exciting projects than a traditional 12-week internship.
- Better work experience for a future career, especially with the same company.
- Co-op students often receive higher starting salary offers upon graduation than traditional interns.
Questions? Email Jacobscoop@eng.ucsd.edu