Congratulations and Welcome to COSMOS!
We will be hosting a Parent/Student Welcome and Information session prior to Opening Day. Attendance is highly encouraged for both parents and students, as there will be a great deal of information shared and questions asked and answered live in this meeting.
The following information is a guide with information of what to expect after Admission Decisions. Please keep in mind the following:
Admissions - Next Steps
Steps in order to attend COSMOS at UCSD
- You must login to the student application portal and accept your admission offer: https:///cosmos-ucop.ucdavis.edu/app/main/ by April 12th, 2023.
- The Parent/Guardian #1 from your application will also receive a notification. Parents must login to their own portal, fill out the required fields, and provide payment for the deposit and tuition. 1/3rd tuition deposit is due April 12th, 2023.
- Students must respond to the "COSMOS Acceptance and Roommate Survey" no later than April 12th, 2023. The survey document can be accessed in the student application portal and acceptance email. Students can also email email@example.com if there are difficulties with accessing the survey.
- You must send official transcripts directly to UCSD COSMOS. Official transcripts will be accepted via e-mail, but must be sent by a school official from their school e-mail address to our email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please check your email and spam folder for your 2023 waiver packet from DocuSign. Read and sign the waiver packet by May 5th, 2023 at 5:00 PM (PDT). For questions about this process, please email email@example.com
Every student that attends COSMOS must submit a completed waiver packet.
- You will received an email from DocuSign with your waiver packet.
- You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org for a blank copy of the waiver packet.
- Read and review the waiver packet early and thoroughly before signing.
- Student and at least one parent/guardian must sign.
- Share your questions, comments, or concerns with our COSMOS office before the deadline to give us enough time to assist.
- Waivers must be signed on DocuSign by the May 5th, 2023 deadline.
- Acceptance into COSMOS will be revoked if students fail to sign the waiver packet by the deadline and their position in COSMOS will be given to a student on the waitlist, no exceptions.
- The non-refundable 1/3rd tuition deposit must also be submitted by April 12th, 2023 by 5:00 PM (PDT). This deposit will go toward your tuition and be deducted from your tuition balance. Note that the non-refundable deposit is not covered by awarded financial aid.
- The remaining 2/3rds tuition payment is due by April 21st, 2023 at 5:00 PM (PDT).
- The link for Deposit & Tuition payments can be found in the Parent Portal for applicants with an offer.
- Admission into the program is not complete until our campus received the signed Waiver Packets which can be found in an email from DocuSign or by contacting us at email@example.com
Refund Request (Excludes the $200 non-refundable deposit)
All tuition payments are non-refundable (special considerations for cases with documented catastrophic events)
- Parent/guardian should contact Statewide in this case, which will be reviewed for a possible refund
- No refund will be given in the event of dismissal or voluntary departure from the program at any time
- If the program must be cancelled or switched to remote instruction, the campus and Statewide will determine if a refund (of any amount) will be given (COSMOS will not profit from such program disruptions)
- In the case of full FA, the $200 deposit will be returned to the payee upon successful completion of the program
- Awarded amount will appear in the student portal under the Acceptance status and in the parent portal under the Tuition
- Students must accept amount in order to receive the assistance offered
Dates & Deadlines to Remember
- March 31st, 2023 (5PM PDT) Student Acceptance Notifications
- April 12th, 2023 (5PM PDT) Student Acceptance Deadline
- April 12th, 2023 (5PM PDT) 1/3rd tuition Non-refundable Deposit
- April 21st, 2023 (5PM PDT) Remaining Tuition Payment Deadline
- May 5th, 2023 (5PM PDT) Waiver Packet Deadline and Acceptance Survey aka Acceptance Packet (via Docusign)
- Sunday, July 9th, 2023 COSMOS Opening Day
- Friday, August 4th, 2023 COSMOS Closing Day
What does a sample schedule look like for COSMOS In-Person?
During the day, the schedule consists of a cluster science and/or mathematics related course, and a writing/communications course. Students regularly attend lectures, labs or field trips. Recreation and fun activities are planned for the evening, and special activities and supervised field trips are planned for the weekends.
Sample Schedule for In-Person Format