Gifts from alumni, parents and friends play a critical role in the ability of the Jacobs School to continue to provide the margin of excellence for our students, faculty and research programs. With your help, the Jacobs School will continue to make significant strides toward its mission to educate tomorrow's technology leaders, conduct leading edge research, drive innovation, and translate discoveries to ensure societal benefit.
By donating to the IDEA Engineering Student Center, you are helping to grow and foster this community of versatile, intelligent, and open-minded engineers who will work to change and improve the world.
Your gift helps students by providing opportunities and programming that is available for all undergraduate and graduate students on campus. By donating to the IDEA Engineering Student Center, you are supporting all the programs and resources we offer, including:
- Transfer PrEP - Summer program for incoming transfer students, providing them with the opportunity to adjust and acclimate to life at UC San Diego, network with other students and faculty, and help ease the transition from a two-year college to a four-year university
- SEI - Summer program for incoming freshman, designed to develop skills to adjust to the rigors of university-level engineering courses, build a peer and faculty network, and introduce them to UC San Diego’s campus, resources, and opportunities
- JUMP - Mentorship program between graduate and undergraduate students to help guide and educate undergraduate students on the path to graduate school
- TEAM - Unique mentorship program between continuing and incoming transfer engineering students to help provide advice and support to this niche community
- Grad Talks - Informational and professional development talks catered to graduate level students
- Student Orgs - Any engineering student organization is able to consult with the IDEA Engineering Student Center for support, advising, and advocacy for their org
Do you have a specific student org in mind?
You can donate to a specific student org or project team by filling out the following form.
Please include the name of the student organization in the “Special Instructions” section.