The Jacobs School of Engineering offers a wide range of undergraduate majors leading to a bachelor's degree. Links to information by department are below. Here is a PDF overview of Jacobs School undergraduate majors.
Department of Bioengineering majors
- Bioengineering: Biotechnology
- Bioengineering: Bioinformatics
- Bioengineering: BioSystems
Department of Computer Science and Engineering majors
- Computer Science
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Science: Bioinformatics
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering majors
- Computer Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Engineering Physics
- Electrical Engineering & Society
- Electrical and Computer Engineering: UC San Diego Course Catalog
- Electrical and Computer Engineering department: Undergraduate Education
Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering majors
- Aerospace Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering: UC San Diego Course Catalog
- Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering Department: Undergraduate Education
Department of NanoEngineering majors
- Chemical Engineering
Department of Structural Engineering majors
- Structural Engineering
- Structural Engineering: UC San Diego Course Catalog
- Structural Engineering department: Undergraduate Education
Admission to UC San Diego as a freshman does not guarantee admission to engineering majors at the Jacobs School of Engineering. Due to high demand, all engineering majors at UC San Diego are considered "capped" for incoming freshman applying for enrollment, which means additional screening procedures are in place. Admissions for all incoming students to UC San Diego is managed by the campus-wide UC San Diego admissions office which has a capped majors page.
For transfer students applying to engineering majors, note that all engineering majors are "capped," meaning that admission to UC San Diego does not guarantee admission to these majors. Admissions for all incoming transfer students to UC San Diego is managed by the campus-wide UC San Diego admissions office which has a transfer admission page.
Continuing Students : Changing Majors
Current UC San Diego students who wish to move from a non-engineering major into an engineering major, or from one engineering major to another engineering major, are considered "continuing students." More information:: "My Jacobs School of Engineering Major Change Application."
AI & Machine Learning Courses
The Jacobs School of Engineering created a course guide for undergraduates in all Jacobs School majors who are interested in Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML).